19/09/2009

One day at Royal Mail to see if the job is OK, well its not bad, new DAF's fully automatic so that bit I liked. Had to couple up and then take the trailer to another depot to load up. But this has me thinking, the main supplier of agency drivers is Manpower and the people I went through are subcontracting. As there is a Nationwide strike brewing just how safe will those jobs be after the strike is over or if it doesn't materialise. I'm thinking that RM is just making sure that all its avenues are covered and when it needs to cut down the first ones to go will be the sub contractor drivers. My understanding was that if you get a full shift it's only 40 hours and you might not get a full days work, possibly 4-7 hours on a daily basis. Will have to think hard about this...........

No comments: