10/07/2009

Yet again the stupid 2 year rule crops up. Pretemps are advertising LGV1 Positions but when I called them the person informed me that I need to have had my license for 2 years as it's the Company's Policy for Insurance purposes. Having spoken to DSA they have informed me that this can be classed as Discrimination since I was good enough to pass the DSA Test therefore I'm good enough to drive commercially. I have passed on the agency's details to them and will leave it in their capable hands. This I have to admit is stupid since they are looking for drivers and I'm willing to work so why not give me a go and see what I'm like. Yet they are willing to employ foreign drivers who have 'bought' their licenses and cause utter chaos and mayhem on our roads. Even in these tough times there should be some give and take as when they really do need drivers and can't find any I'm sure that I just might be very busy that day/week.

No comments: