20/06/2009

Phantom Jobs

Here is a question that might never be answered. As I've signed up to several 'jobs by email' boards I knew that there might be the odd duplicate but this is ridiculous. I keep getting the same jobs from all sites and in particular the jobs at Heathrow for 'Temp LGV1 Night Driver, LGV2 Multidrop Driver'. This has been going round for almost 6 weeks. Surely if they were genuine they would have been filled by now as the text in the advert is the same as the previous one. The agency informs the prospective candidate that 'if you don't hear from us you have been unsuccessful'. I wonder how many applicants(me included) have ever received a reply, I for one haven't. This is blatant lying and hoping to get as many drivers to reply to get them on their books without actually having a job to fill.

Another agency that I applied to asked me for my CV and contact number and since then nothing.

I honestly think that its about time that we in the driving industry started to Name & Shame these agency's, who seem to offer non existent jobs.

No comments: