27/06/2009

Paper Round


Got back from work on Friday and soon after the mobile went off. What are you up to this afternoon was the question from the agency. As nothing except shopping was planned I asked why, how would you fancy a trip down to Brighton. OK says I, so off I went armed with the details of the client and I dully collected a DAF CF, Auto.

Fully laden with photocopy paper, all in all 23 pallets of the stuff. On the trip down to Brighton the lorry handled like a flying brick and as I wasn't that surprised considering what I was carrying. A rough guess about 10T+ in weight.

Arrived in Brighton and had to find the place to drop off the goods, and found an interesting thing. When I entered the yard to get into the loading bay I had to go up hill and the lorry dully died on me. It would not go up this incline in normal gears so I had to revert to the 'crawl' gear.

Off loaded and set of home but as it was Friday I expected a solid jam on the M23 & M25, but guess what the M23 was clear and unfortunately most of the M25 wasn't. Crawling along to J11 I left that wonderful piece of roadway and headed of to Woking. Lorry in the yard, time sheet signed it was time to go home and enjoy a well earned beer.

No comments: