13/05/2009

Same old stuff.........

Been to an agency near Heathrow to register and provide all the usual documentation to prove who I am. Nothing happening that they could use me with immediate effect but who knows. Had a look in at Jan de Rijk's office and they aren't recruiting at the moment. One place was advertising for a driver which I found via Reed.co.uk but as soon as the advert went out (last Friday) it was filled. Even went to my local Job Centre to look on their computer, found a couple of prospects, one told me that I need a minimum of 1 year for their client. This is much better than the usual 2 years. The other agency will let me know by the end of the week as they are waiting for 'the client' to make decisions on assessment dates.

Something amazes me with the Job Centre, I specified the search area as Local and the vast majority of the results were either in the Midlands or even further up. So much for the Local filter search. Also the hourly rate was a bit paltry anything from £8 to 9.50 per hour, very few jobs broke the £10.00ph range.

No comments: